Availability and Services
I'm available Monday through Friday 9 am to 6 pm Eastern Standard Time. However, I am also available for rush, evening and weekend translation projects, subject to prior booking and/or availability. Generally, I work only from German or Japanese into English, but I also have a strong network of colleagues who work into German and Japanese as well, so please do not hesitate to contact me with your document. I will be glad to help you myself or find someone who can.
German and Japanese into English Language Services
* Items marked with an "*" may be available for English source texts upon request.
Translation & Interpretation
I offer high quality German and Japanese into English translation and interpretation for medical, scientific, technical topics either in-person or remotely.
- Multilingual Desktop Publishing *
- I am highly skilled with various Microsoft Office programs as well as Adobe Acrobat Pro and the Adobe InDesign suite. Allow me to help make your documents shine!
- Document Recreation *
- Lost the original source text and only have a PDF? Don't worry! I am an expert in recreating PDF documents into other editable formats such as Microsoft Word, Excel, or even PowerPoint.
- Sight / Summary Translation
- Sight / Summary translation is great for when you have a limited budget and limited time but a large stack of documents that "might" have key information in them, or they might not. I can quickly provide you the key points of any document and then you can decide to translate all or none of it.
- Terminology Management *
- Whether you want to create a database of terminology from scratch, add to an existing database, or just ensure that your translations use consistent terminology, I can find a solution that meets your needs using SDL Trados Studio and SDL Multiterm or your own system.
- Editing & Proofreading
- In addition to translation and terminology management, I am also able to offer editing and proofreading of your English texts to ensure readability and to correct for any typing errors and spelling mistakes or omissions and additions for texts coming from German or Japanese.
- Internationalization & Localization *
- I can help you design your website and software from the beginning to minimize unforeseen complications as you expand your company to the global market.
- Cultural Consultation for Marketing
- Unsure why that last meeting ended so strangely after it was going so well? Let me help you prepare for the next big meeting in Japan or Germany by explaining cultural curiosities and make a great impression with your international partners.
I have recently translated documents in these fields:
- Solar energy
- Medical claims and invoices
- Health care reports and findings
- Clinical trials
- Marketing surveys for automotive and make-up companies
- DFMEA reports for automotive companies
- Product information
- Product manuals
- Corporate communications
- SDL Trados Studio 2011
- Includes: SDL MultiTerm 2011 and SDL Passolo Essential 2011
- Wordfast Pro 3.2.2
- Adobe Creative Suite 6
- Includes: Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, and InDesign CS6
- Adobe Acrobat Pro XI
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
- Includes: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher, MS Project, MS Access
Translations for Non-profit Clients
Available on a limited basis, please see my Non-Profit Translations page for more information.